As Christians, we should be reaching out to others by sharing our faith. After all, we have been given the greatest gifts: eternal life and a personal relationship with the One who made us and everything in our universe! There is no cookie cutter way to evangelize, contrary to what some ministers or ministries might teach. We can evangelize in a myriad of ways. Here are some ideas:
* Strike up a conversation with someone and then ask God to help you bring the spiritual aspect into it. You might ask if the person needs prayer for themselves or a loved one. You might have a Word of Knowledge for them about a situation that God wants you to share with them-- or even a Word about an ailment that Jesus wants to heal through your prayer of authority. Pay close attention to inner promptings, impressions, thoughts or visions--and/or scripture that Holy Spirit brings to your mind. The more you practice at this, the easier it becomes and the more clearly you will hear from God and begin to distinguish between your own thoughts and God's thoughts.
* Invite someone to a bible study or your church.
* Start a spiritual blog.
* Start a website.
* Share your testimony with someone.
* Witness to others through music, art, writing, etc. Use the talent God has given you to glorify HIM.
* Write a book.
* Pass out gospel tracts or leave them discreetly in places so people can find and read them.
* Pray and consider open-air evangelism or street preaching. Ask the Lord if this is something He would like you to do, and be mindful that many times, this is met with great opposition by listeners as well as city officials and police. Know your rights and be prepared.
* Witness one-on-one in the mall or other public places. Ask questions that require responses and participation from the person you are ministering to.
* Use personal time at your place of employment to reach out to someone or communicate why Jesus Christ has made a difference in your life. Remember to live what your profess. People need to see real, tangible faith in action. If you don't allow the gospel to change you, then don't expect others to want what you have. Faith without works is dead.
* Pass out bibles.
* Go on a mission trip.
* Befriend someone who needs a friend, and eventually tell them about the good news of salvation.
* Visit a nursing home or prison.
* Work with, or babysit, children and teach them about the Bible and Jesus.
* Visit a friend or loved one who is sick or hospitalized and pray for them/comfort them.
* Pass out Christmas cards with scriptures or meaningful messages to the neighbors or people in your community.
* Make food for the homeless or give them clothing or money. Share the love of Christ with them. If you worry that they might spend the money on drugs or alcohol, etc., you can buy them a meal or groceries instead.
* If you are good at interpreting dreams, try interpreting a coworker's or random person's dream. Explain to them how God ministers to people through dreams.
* Help an elderly person by offering to run errands for them or take them grocery shopping. Perhaps he/she needs help with lawn work or household maintenance.
Jesus said unto them, "Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature." -Mark 16:15
And these signs will follow them that believe; In my name they will cast out devils; they will speak with new tongues; they will take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing it will not harm them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover. -Mark 16:17, 18